I’m back at it!! I’ve had several blogs over the past few years including PaleoWife, but I’ve decided to start paying for this damn website and make myself legit- and possibly force myself to keep blogging, since now I’m paying for it…
I wanted to start you guys off easy for this first post. I’m sure you’ve seen this recipe or something like it floating around the net, as it’s quite simple. It’s actually so easy, it’s ridiculous. And also ridiculously pretty. You will get SO many compliments on this soup.
Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Soup with Sausages
- 3-4 roasted red peppers (or more- I got the jarred kind in water, but you can easily roast your own)
- 1 pitted avocado
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned organic coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (I used chicken this time. I’ve used beef- whatever you have around)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons fat of choice (I used ghee)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, diced (for garnish. I used 1/2 per person, so 4 people= 2 avocados)
- 4-5 cooked sausages of choice (I found these cool kale chicken sausages at the store)
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add your fat, then garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent- about 3-5 minutes.
- Then, add your roasted red peppers, broth and coconut milk. Add all your spices. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- While that’s simmering, cook up your sausages- heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and brown the outsides until cooked through. Let cool, then slice and set aside.
- Once the soup has finished simmering, scoop out the avocado and add to the saucepan. Juice your lime and add it into the saucepan, as well. Then, use an immersion blender and liquify the soup until it is smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can blend the soup in a food processor or blender- just be careful! I also recommend doing it in two batches.
- Spoon soup into a bowl, top with avocado and sausages!