This is a side you can really get creative with. Portobellos are great building blocks if you are trying to avoid carbs- you can make mini pizzas! Portobellos go great with almost any flavor, so feel free to try different combos. You’ll figure out what you love the most and it’s a really easy staple to add to your nightly dinners.
This time, I made them on the side of grilled flank steak and green beans.
Grilled, Stuffed Portobellos
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 8+ sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 8+ artichokes, diced
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up your grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, put together your portobellos. Scrape out the gills and remove any stems from the mushrooms. Discard all. Spread one tablespoon pesto, 2 sundried tomatoes, 2 artichokes and a sprinkle of goat cheese on each. Top with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed portobellos right on your grill and close the lid. Check intermittently. They should be done after about 5 minutes- you’ll see them sweating, the edges will have started to flatten out and the cheese will start to get a little gold around the edges. Pair with a meat and another veg and you’re ready. Enjoy!