This recipe is totally and completely inspired by Matty Matheson from his Thanksgiving episode on YouTube. If you’ve never heard of this guy, definitely check out my links. He is absolutely hilarious and a great chef. He’s just a real person, which I think makes him extremely likable. He only has a few videos on YouTube and I suggest you watch them all if you want a few good laughs. I’m trying out some of his recipes in my upcoming posts. His method for cutting carrots is essential. As you’ll see, he doesn’t really give proportions, so I’m pretty much guessing based on how much I used in my trial, which seemed to work. I also swapped out some of his ingredients.
Roasted Carrots with a Twist
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- handful chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, place your carrots and top with chunks of butter. Drizzle the cider, syrup and vinegar over the top. Sprinkle with fresh thyme, s&p. Place in the oven and roast for about 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven. Top with goat cheese and pecans. Enjoy!