Annnnnnnd I’m back!
I took a bit of a break from blogging during the summer. For those of you who know me, my summers are full of traveling from NJ to PA or NJ to NY for the weekends enjoying family and friend time. My “blogging time” is usually Sunday afternoon/evenings, but I just found I didn’t have time and I didn’t want to make time for it. So sorry for being absent so long!
In the meantime, I have collected sooooo many new recipes for you guys that I can’t wait to share with you over the next couple of weeks. I hope your summers have been full of grilling and I can’t wait to see what we can come up with for the fall as all those other veggies come into play.
The first recipe I’m starting you guys out with is this Paleo Balance Bowl. The ingredients really go great together and I couldn’t believe how great it tasted. It was the perfect meal for a long day after work! I based my bowl from this recipe from Little Bits Of- if you guys don’t know about this blog, you should definitely check it out!
Paleo Balance Bowl
Ingredients (makes 2 bowls):
- 2 chicken thighs or breasts (as you can see, I subbed flank steak because it’s what I had in the fridge. I marinated it using this recipe first.)
- 12 oz chopped butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 6 cups mixed greens or lettuce of your choice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the squash on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Toss with the 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, salt and pepper to taste as well as a pinch of garlic powder. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes- make sure to toss about halfway through.
- Salt and pepper your chicken to your liking- also add a pinch of garlic powder. I would suggest grilling it at this point, as I believe the flavors really go great together. I decided to grill my flank steak. If you decide to not use the grill, add the rest of the coconut oil to a pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Make the dressing. In a bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and water. Add salt and pepper to taste as well as about a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Make your salad. Start with your greens- you can toss them with the dressing or drizzle over the top. Add the chopped avocado and roasted squash as well as your meat of choice. Enjoy!