I enjoy the simple things in life. A piece of flank steak is one of them. A piece of flank steak that’s been marinating in the best marinade on the planet overnight that makes your taste buds sing when you put it in your mouth… Even better.
I’ve been searching for a really good marinade for a couple of years, now. They always seem to be hit or miss- sometimes they come out good, other times you can barely taste I did anything to the meat. So I’ve finally perfected a recipe and you all are lucky that I’m sharing it with you.
As you can see, I’m not always a 5 star chef making extravagant meals every night of the week. Tonight, I made flank steak on the grill paired with green beans, sautéed onions, and one of my Fat Salads.
The Best Flank Steak Marinade
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/3 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank stead (or more- there’s usually plenty of marinade)
- Simply combine all the ingredients in a plastic bag, including the flank steak, seal and mix. Let sit in the fridge for at least half an hour but I would definitely recommend letting it marinade overnight- the longer, the better! Then, slap that steak on the grill and cook as you normally would.
One Comment Add yours