This was an extremely simple meal. There’s a little bit of prep you can do in the morning or even the night before. It’s literally a full meal cooked in the crock pot. I also cooked up some green beans o the side for some extra veggies, but you don’t necessarily need it. If I was cooking only for my husband and myself, I probably wouldn’t have done that.
This recipe was interesting. I don’t often pair meat with fruit, but I’m always surprised to find that I like it. I definitely recommend this meal. The citrus isn’t too overpowering, but gives it a different flavor.
I used this recipe.
Slow Cooker Orange Roast
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs beef pot roast
- 1/2 cup white onion, sliced
- 3 large potatoes (or bag of small potatoes), cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup balsamic viniagrette
- 2 oranges (1 sliced)
- 1 package baby spinach
- Mix together your spices- rosemary, garlic, s&p. Rub them all over the roast, then set aside (I usually do things like this in the sink so it decreases mess).
- Grease your slow cooker (I didn’t do this and don’t think it’s necessary). Place the potatoes in the bottom, then onion, butter. Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over everything.
- Place the roast on top of the potatoes, then arrange the orange slices on top of the roast, squeeze the other orange over the entire thing. This looks very pretty.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, remove the roast and set aside. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and set aside, as well.
- Add the baby spinach to the juices in the slow cooker and let it sit until it wilts.
- Remove the spinach and place in a bowl or plate.
- Arrange the potatoes, roast over the spinach and serve. Don’t forget to add some of the orange slices and juices! Enjoy!