This is a great summer or fall recipe and you get to use your slow cooker!! I’m always looking for new ways to make pork and incorporate that into our diet. I get a little sick of the usually chicken, beef and occasional fish.
I also made the Hawaiian rolls from scratch and gluten-freed them. They tasted okay, but they were belly bombers, so I’m still working on that recipe (like I’ve said- I’m a chef, not a baker.).
ANYway, I took several short cuts for this meal. As you can see, I’ve paired it with two types of potato salad- both were store made so I didn’t have to do any work. I also bought a package of “cole slaw” mix so I didn’t have to cut up carrots, cabbage, etc. for the slaw.
I based my recipe off this one and made quite a few changes to the slaw recipe to fit my dietary needs.
Peach BBQ Pork Sliders & Apple Cole Slaw
For the pork
- 2 1/2- 3 lbs pork roast
- 16 oz bottle BBQ sauce of your choice
- 16 oz peach salsa
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, but I’d recommend going low and slow for 7-8 hours. Shred the cooked meat and serve!
How easy is that? Literally probably one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made. And packed with so much flavor!
For the Slaw
- 16 oz bag cole slaw mix
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine slaw mix, parsley and apple.
- Combine dressing ingredients: oil, vinegar, sugar, s&p.
- Pour dressing over cole slaw mixture, then serve and enjoy!