This right here is probably one of my favorite things in the world and it takes little to no effort at all. It is beautiful- it will impress your friends and family- but it also tastes amazing. You only need a few ingredients and it is a great summer staple (or really any time of the year) if you grow your own tomatoes. I really recommend you get the freshest tomatoes you can find because it really makes a difference! We didn’t have any tomatoes in our garden this year, but a good friend of mine gave me a whole bunch of hers.
- 1-2 balls mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3-4 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- balsamic glaze (they sell this in stores in squeeze bottles, but if you don’t have any then use this simple recipe to make your own)
- fresh chopped basil
- Arrange your plate, alternating between mozz and tomato slices. You can do straight lines or make a pretty spiral like I did. Be creative!
- Drizzle the top with your balsamic glaze, then top with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!