THIS. RECIPE. RIGHT. HERE. Are you guys sick of the same old chicken? BBQ chicken, grilled chicken, baked chicken, breaded chicken. This recipe does amazing things to chicken. I’ve only really started experimenting with bringing fruit to the dinner table. Fruit? Fruit is for snacks and dessert. Man- was I wrong. You guys have to try this recipe! The balsamic really gives a zing to the strawberries and really transforms the flavor. On top of some beautifully grilled chicken- you can’t beat this.
I based my recipe off this one.
Strawberry Basil Chicken
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Cook your chicken. You can do so either on your grill or on a large skillet on your stove. Your choice. I grilled mine- less mess. I combined the garlic and EVOO, painted it on the chicken, then grilled for about 3-5 minutes per side. If you’re going for the skillet, then cook your garlic in oil for a few minutes before adding the breasts.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Toss together the strawberries, basil, balsamic and 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Top each chicken breast with the strawberry mixture, then add salt and pepper to taste. Add additional balsamic glaze or balsamic over everything, if you feel the need. Serve and enjoy!!!