This is another SUPER easy slow cooker recipe. And it’s packed with flavors. Why worry about coming home from work, maybe late and slave over the stove for an hour while you try to throw something together?? Simply throw all these ingredients in your slow cooker, set it, and FORGET IT!
There are green beans I’m including in this recipe, but you can clearly see in my picture that I did not include any. The day we made this, we had to go to a wake and we actually got home pretty late and I didn’t want everyone to wait half an hour longer just to eat some veggies. I was more concerned with stuffing my face and heading to bed. But I definitely recommend you guys add the green beans. When I make this again, I will update with how it came out with that.
I based my recipe off this one.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces carrots, chopped
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the aminos, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place your chicken thighs, potatoes and carrots into your slow cooker. Cover with the sauce. Cover the whole pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. (Baste every hour, if you’re home- I wasn’t and it came out great). Add the green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking. (I would also suggest just cooking these on the side if it’s time to eat and the chicken/veggies are already done cooking.)
- OPTIONAL AND RECOMMENDED: Preheat your oven to broil and place the chicken thighs inside on a baking sheet, skin side up. Broil until the skin is crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken with all the veggies and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!!