This is another really great breakfast if you’re sick of eggs. I don’t love this recipe as much as I love my other breakfast recipe because I’m not a huge fan of zucchini, but if you like zucchini, then this might be a great option for you.
I also got this recipe from Amy Meyer’s most recent thyroid book, “The Thyroid Connection.”
Beef and Veggie Breakfast Scramble
- 1 pound ground grass-fed beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 6 asparagus spears, ends removed and spears cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large avocados, sliced (1/2 an avocado per breakfast)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, then add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Season will salt and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Then add sweet potatoes and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and asparagus and cook all until the veggies are soft. Season with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine the veg and cooked beef together. Serve with avocado! This makes 4 servings.