This is another Matty Matheson inspired recipe. Have you guys looked him up yet??! Anyway, they came out totally bangin’ and I can’t wait to make these again. They weren’t too labor-intensive, but they do take some time to cook, so definitely make sure you work that into your schedule
Twice Baked, Stuffed Potatoes
- 6 potatoes, washed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 cup bacon bits (make your own!)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar or jack cheese (or a mix)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 head broccoli- top shaved off and the rest chopped small
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce your potatoes a few times with a fork. Place your potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub with coconut oil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and add the bacon bits and yogurt. Add the chopped broccoli, cheese. Stir to combine.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven once cooked and lower the temp to 350.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Gently scrape out the insides into the bowl with the other fillings, being careful not to tear the skin. I found leaving a small rim around the potatoes to be extremely helpful to keep them intact. Lay the hallowed out shells back on the baking sheet.
- Smash the potato insides into the butter, bacon, yogurt, cheese, broccoli mixture. Add the milk, then season with s&p. Fill the shells with the filling. Top with extra cheese and broccoli shavings. Pop them back in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!