This recipe was so light, so delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! It was extremely simple and easy to throw together after a hard day at work. And the flavors are so rewarding. This will easily become one of your favorite recipes!
I based mine off this one.
Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Kale and Caesar Salad and Crispy Artichokes
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces kale, stems removed and shredded
- zest from 2 lemons, then the 2 lemons sliced
- 2 rosemary sprig, stemmed and minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces caesar dressing
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts
- 2 ounces tapioca starch
- s&p to taste
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- Preheat your oven to 165 degrees F.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Seat the chicken on one side until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet, seared side up. Place lemon slices around the chicken. Roast the chicken in the oven about 7-9 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with rosemary and lemon zest. Let rest.
- Meanwhile, prepare your artichokes. Drain and rinse them and gentle press between paper towels to dry. Cover in tapioca starch on a plate and toss to coat. Re-use the skillet from the chicken. Add more oil as necessary, then add artichokes to the oil. Cook on each side about 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Set aside on a towel-lined plate.
- Prepare the kale salad by placing the kale in a bowl with the tomatoes and tossing to coat.
- Place the kale salad on a plate and top with crispy artichokes. Serve alongside with chicken. Garnish with roasted lemon slices. Enjoy!