This is one of those magical one pan dinners! No other work required! Chop up your veggies, throw them on a sheet pan, top with brats and you’re done. Completely magical.
The brats you get will definitely impact how much you like this recipe. I have had so many different brands and styles of brats in my life and I’ll be honest- I wasn’t a huge fan. My husband found that Bubba (as in Bubba Burgers) makes brats on one of our trips to the grocery store. He has started reading ingredients more and found they had the least amount of “stuff” in them, so they must be the best. And they are the best. If you can’t find them, then Johnson also makes a pretty good brat.
I based my recipe off this one.
Oktoberfest Sheet Pan Brats with Roasted Vegetables
- 4+ bratwurst sausages (usually 2 serve 1 person, so increase as needed)
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark GLUTEN FREE lager beer (or get a nice cider)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 and 1/2 cups brussels sprouts, stem trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 pound small white potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 and 1/2 cups carrots, cut into small rounds
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- s&p to taste
- Pierce sausages with a sharp knife about 3 times. Add the beer to a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and garlic. You want the sausages to be completely covered with liquid, so add water as needed. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the ACV, mustard, brown sugar, seeds and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place all your cut veggies onto a baking sheet and cover with ACV dressing. Mix to combine. Top with brats. Cook for 45-50 minutes. Make sure you toss halfway through and flip the brats. Once done, remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!!