This is THE BEST chicken salad recipe you will ever eat. I ate this for a solid 4 weeks before switching my lunch to something else. And I could still eat it tomorrow! I have never been a huge fan of chicken salad, egg salad- mayo creeps me out, to be honest. This recipe has
NO MAYO! You have to try this out- put it on top of a salad, make a sandwich, eat it with crackers- the possibilities are endless. And it is SO simple! I just pick up a roasted chicken at the store when I’m on my weekly grocery trip, chop it up, add the ingredients and voila! The best chicken salad ever. Let me know what you think!
Homemade Chicken Salad
- 1 whole roasted chicken- bones and skin removed, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon (can use dried, as well of either, but less.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (highly recommend fresh)
- 1+ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 whole lemons, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, s&p. Add the spices and combine. Add the chicken and celery and stir to combine. Taste and observe the texture- add more yogurt and lemon juice until you get your desired consistency. I find that the chicken often sucks up some of the lemon juice and you have to play with the recipe each time. Sometimes, I add 1/2 a cup more of yogurt and juice from another lemon and other times the recipe listed above is perfect. Don’t be afraid to play! Enjoy!