The flavors in this recipe will definitely knock you out of the park. They remind me of the flavors in my Thai Coconut Curry Soup– mainly because they share many of the same ingredients.
This meal is really quick to take- 3o minutes or less- which makes it a great meal to make when you come home from work!
I based my recipe off this one. You can see I paired it with some green beans and also some leftover harvest linguine.
Coconut Lime Skillet Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- s&p to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon arrow root starch (or tapioca/potato starch) and 1 tablespoon of water, mixed
- Sprinkle chicken with s&p. Melt the coconut oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the breasts and cook each side for 5-7 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
- Add the onion and saute until soft. Add the chicken stock, lime juice, cilantro and chili flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce. Add the coconut milk and simmer again for an additional 5 minutes. Add the starch and water mixture, then stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!