I’ve never seen banana bread get eaten so fast in my life. Once the oven was turned off, you could hear everyone in the house coming to the kitchen and this baby was sliced before it was even slightly cool.
(Which I don’t recommend by the way- definitely try to let it cool, then slice into it because you’ll end up with a crumbly mess.)
This banana bread is gluten free and I have never had a better banana bread in my life. You wouldn’t even know it was gluten free! I have made this twice over the past month already and you guys know me- I really don’t repeat recipes. I’m actually planning to make it again this weekend!
I have tried so many GF banana bread recipes and they have come out pretty good, but this definitely tops the charts. I found the baking time to be much longer than the recipe suggests, but if you want to cut down on that, I would recommend actually making two loaves out of this.
Chocolate chips optional, of course, but I would recommend.
I based my recipe off this one.
The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 2 cups gluten free flour (you need a 1-1 mixture, so either your own or store-bought)
- 4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, salt- mix and set aside. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Blend well. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture, then add the chocolate chips and stir. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes (it took my oven over 90 minutes, so make sure you keep checking on it), until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan, then turn onto a wire rack. Slice and serve!! We love to put butter or cream cheese on top!