I was surprised how well this recipe turned out and plan on making it again soon. This recipe utilized ground turkey, which is great if you are trying to eat more lean meat. It also incorporates a lot of veggies on the inside, which I love. As you can see- we had broccoli and mac and cheese on the side.
I based my recipe off this one.
Spinach-stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- s&p to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a medium skillet. Cook the mushrooms and onion over medium-low heat until onion is tender. Remove from heat. Add spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella and the parmesan cheeses. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, oats, milk, egg, spices, s&p. Mix thoroughly. Spoon 2/3rd’s of the mixture lengthwise down the center of a baking dish (11 x 7-inches preferred). Form an indentation down the middle, then fill with spinach mixture. Top with remaining turkey, forming a loaf. Seal the edges. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with extra cheeses and allow to melt. Serve and enjoy!