This recipe was relatively simple and took almost no time to prep and cook- about half an hour. Totally doable after a long day at work. Having one of your veg as spinach is a real time saver as it quickly wilts in the pan. Pair with a grain or another veg of your choice and you have a full dish!
I based my recipe fully on this one.
Spinach Paprika Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts (or more, depending on how many you’re serving)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- s&p to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 handfuls spinach (or more, to your liking)
- Season your chicken breasts with paprika, salt and pepper. Rub over all sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add the chicken breasts and sear for about 3 minutes on one side, then flip and turn the heat down to medium. Let cook for another 3 minutes, then add the remaining butter, thyme and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, then add the wine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Add more wine if necessary as it reduces.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt. Season with s&p to taste. Serve and enjoy!