Nothing is better than making some butter chicken fresh. However, if you have a busy schedule like I do most of the time, you don’t have 30 minutes to an hour dedicated to cooking once you come home from work if you want to eat at a reasonable hour. This recipe came out better than expected and I will definitely be making it again when I’m on a time crunch. This recipe did take me about 10-15 minutes to prep the morning of, but you could easily do that the night before. You can see the sauce is not as brilliantly orange as my other butter chicken recipe because the flavors really had a long time to cook and come together.
I based my recipe off this one.
Crock Pot Butter Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs- cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the oil. Stir in the chicken, onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent. Stir in all the spices: curry powder, pastes, garam masala. Stir until smooth. Pour all into the slow cooker. Add the coconut milk and yogurt, then season with salt. Stir together.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low on 6-8 hours. Serve and enjoy!!