I am obsessed with caesar dressing. It is so creamy, peppery, zingy- really packs a punch. I’ve tried to make it on several occasions, but anchovies really gross me out (understatement). Not only that, but when you’re trying to lose weight or eat healthy, caesar dressing isn’t exactly your best option. I’ve played around with some flavors and recipes and tried to make a bit of a healthier option. This was the first time I tried it and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I’d remind you to also have some nice healthy greens to put it on top as well as a really good marinade for your chicken- it makes all the difference.
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (or chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light tasting olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire. Whisk together. Add the garlic, pepper and continue to whisk until combined. Add the yogurt and stir to combine. Slowly add the oil- the slower the better. It should be a literal trickle as you whisk it all together. Add the parmesan, stir together. That’s it! Super simple. Takes less than 5 minutes. This will last in your fridge for up to 2 weeks in an air tight container.