How many times am I gonna tell you guys that I make easy recipes? First of all- avocado aoli??? That sounds fancy as all hell. Second of all- CHIPOTLE pulled pork? Who doesn’t love chipotle?? This recipe is super simple, takes no time at all, and packs a punch of flavor. This is a great meal for a night when you’re having friends over and have a family-style dinner where everyone builds their own little “wrap.”
I based my recipes off of this one.
Chipotle Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Aoli
For the pork-
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chipotle pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 lbs pork loin
- 1/2 cup beef broth
for the aoli-
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- water (if necessary)
- 1 head iceburg or butter lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lime wedges and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Cook that pork! First, you want to make the marinade. Put the onion, garlic, oil, OJ, lime juice, and spices into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the pork loin in a gallon zip-top bag and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, place the pork along with the marinade into the slow cooker and pour over the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Once done, shred.
- Once the pork is done (or almost), make your aoli. Mash the avocado, then whisk in the yogurt, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. If you feel the aoli needs to be thinner, add a little bit of water. I put all my ingredients into a blender and blended until smooth instead.
- Make a little cup out of the lettuce, then pile on your pulled pork, aoli and extra avocados. Enjoy!!