This picture does not do this recipe justice. It is super simple, super savory and super creamy. If you don’t eat meat, this is a great dish for any occasion. Otherwise, this easy side would go great with any other meal with these flavors- grilled or baked chicken, beef, etc. I love goat cheese and I LOVE quinoa so this recipe was a big hit.
I based mine off this one.
Goat Cheese Asparagus Quinoa Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus with bottoms trimmed
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon EVOO
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- First, cook your quinoa. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon EVOO and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat and then lay out in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Once finished, cut into 1/2 inch slices and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the water with quinoa in a medium saucepan (if your directions differ to this, always following your package instructions. If you use chicken stock or beef stock instead of water, it also adds another dimension of flavor.). Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Fluff with a fork once finished.
- Add quinoa to a medium bowl. Add asparagus, pecans, goat cheese, vinegar, EVOO, garlic powder and sat Toss together and enjoy!!