Not only is this salad beautiful, it is absolutely delicious! This is definitely a recipe I’ll be repeating. Grilled fruit is incredibly delicious and peaches aren’t an exception. The dressing on this baby compliments all the flavors beautifully. This is a must-try for everyone and it is very simple and took almost no time at all to make! I grilled some chicken on top of mine to add some protein, but feel free to do what you want! I think this salad would also pair well with a pork like pork tenderloin laid on top.
I based my recipe off this one.
Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad with Maple Bourbon Dressing
for the salad-
- 2-3 peaches, sliced with pits removed
- 1 package mixed greens (I like the Power Mix Blend which includes kale, arugula and red lettuce)
- 1 small package blueberries
- 1 small package blackberries
- 3-4 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or whatever nut to your liking)
for the dressing-
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, bourbon, EVOO. Then add the garlic, shallot, rosemary and s&p. Stir together.
- Meanwhile, heat up your grill on medium-high heat. Place your peaches on the grill and cook just to form those beautiful grill marks, maybe 2-3 minutes per side. Grill whatever meat you’re adding (if you’re adding any) on the side.
- Place your greens in a bowl and pour over the dressing (to your liking) and toss the greens. Place into bowls, then add the blueberries, blackberries, cheese and nuts (again to your liking- I like a lot of toppings on my salads). Finally, place the peaches and meat of your choice. Serve and enjoy!