Feel like your diet has been a little bland? Missing some amazing flavor in your life? This is your recipe. You’ve found it. This might not be the most calorie-friendly meal, but I’ve tried to lighten it up for you guys. And I say there’s nothing wrong with a little indulgence once a week.
You can easily pair this recipe with your favorite veggie side- green beans, broccoli, even a tossed salad!
I based my recipe off this one.
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 5-6 thick-cut chicken breasts
- 8 ounces chopped, frozen spinach, cooked according to package instructions and then squeezed dry
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 6 ounces greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix the cooked spinach, feta, yogurt, garlic and half the salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, then stuff the spinach mixture into the pocket. Season the outside of the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, then add the stuffed chicken “top” side down. Cook for 5 minutes to brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- Place the chicken in the pan into the oven (if you have an oven-safe pan. If not, transfer to a baking dish.). Bake for 10 minutes. If you have extra-thick breasts, cook for an additional 2-5 minutes longer.
- Plate the chicken and enjoy!!