My dad does a lot of fishing and he occassionnaly catches something big enough to bring home and co0k- this was one of those instances. He brought the fish home already cleaned and deboned, so all we had to do was look up a recipe and cook it!!!
We loosely based our recipe off this one.
- 1 whole trout, cleaned
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- s&p to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, onion, lemon juice, garlic salt, dill, s&p. Stir to combine. Rub the trout with the mixture, then place on a large sheet of foil. Seal the trout in the foil.
- Bake 25 minutes in the oven, or until it is easily flaked with a fork. Serve and enjoy!