This is a really simple recipe and easy way to feel like you are eating gourmet-quality food. The cheese, pears and shallots marry together so nicely. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! This is a beautiful dish and easy to throw together if you’re feeling fancy one day after work or to serve to guests.
I based my recipe off this one.
Pear and Blue Cheese-stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- s&p to taste
- 2 medium pears- peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup blue or gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut a lengthwise slit about 1/2 way through the tenderloin and set on a baking dish. Season with s&p.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add some EVOO, then the shallot and saute until tender. Add the pears and continue to saute for a few minutes until they become soft. Transfer to a bowl and add the cheese. Mix well. Spoon into the tenderloin, then tie with string.
- Heat the skillet again, on high this time, and add a little more oil. Once hot, add the tenderloin and sear all sides until golden brown. Transfer back to the baking dish and place in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the meat reads 145 degrees F on a thermometer. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!!